Monday, August 10, 2009

How I learned To Love The Coriander

Not that i ever hated it. It is just that, it's hard to find in Greece, where I come from so I wasn't even aware of it's existence. There are tones of variations of parsley, dill and basil is in almost every dish but coriander is nowhere to be found. Ana, my spanish friend says that the use of coriander is not common in Spain either.
When I moved to London I couldn't help but notice the intense smell and weird taste of it. And I fell in love with coriander straight away.
My then house mate, used to chop fresh ripe tomatoes and add a bit of salt and olive oil and chopped coriander on top. This was our weekend hangover snack. I could eat 5 kilos of tomatoes per day that way.
Yesterday, my new house mate who is a chef showed me how to make coriander last longer once it's chopped off the pot. Wrap the leaves in dumped kitchen paper and put in a plastic bag, take the air off and store in fridge. It will last more than a week!

No comments: